Royal Kona Luau
Experience a traditional Hawaiian luau right in the middle of Kailua-Kona on the Big Island's beautiful Kona Coast. The Royal Kona Luau - Voyagers of the Pacific - is one of the island's best! Your evening begins with a warm shell lei greeting after which you have the opportunity to learn about and participate in island arts and crafts and a hula lesson.
Watch the unearthing of the kalua pig from the imu, the Hawaiian underground oven, and then sit down to a mouthwatering all-you-care-to-eat Hawaiian-style luau buffet, which includes a full bar. The evening culminates with a spectacular Polynesian revue showcasing the stories, songs and dances of Hawaii and the South Pacific, ending with the spellbinding Siva Afi Samoan fire dance.
- Located oceanfront overlooking Kailua Bay
- Shell lei greeting
- Arts & crafts demonstrations & hula group lesson
- Imu ceremony to unearth the kalua pua'a (roast pig)
- All-you-care-to-eat Hawaiian luau buffet dinner
- Dynamic Polynesian revue with dance, song and live music
- Complimentary Mai Tais, cocktails, beer, wine, and drinks
- Samoan fire-knife dance finale
* Gluten Free Options
- Dressing Choices: 1000 Island*, Papaya Seed*, Italian* or Ranch Dressing
- Green Salad*
- Cucumber Namasu*
- Tomato & Onion Ogo Salad
- Three Bean Salad*
- Potato/Macaroni Salad*
- Lomi Lomi Salmon*
- Kalua Pork*
- Steamed Mahi Mahi with Soy Sauce & Sesame Oil
- Baked Chicken with Honey Mango BBQ Sauce*
- Chicken Luau*
- Teriyaki Roast Beef
- Okinawan Sweet Potato*
- White Rice*
- Fresh Pineapple*
- Coconut Dinner Rolls
- Coconut Haupia (Pudding)*
- Coconut Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
From the Bar (included):
- Mai Tai
- Standard Well Drinks
- Domestic Beer
- Coffee and Tea
- Selection of Sodas
- Fruit Punch
Coconut Cake and Pineapple Upside Down Cake contain egg and dairy.
Thousand Island Dressing may have mayonnaise which contains egg.
Mac/Potato Salad has mayonnaise which contains egg.
Coconut Rolls contains egg and dairy.
Royal Kona Luau
Kona Luau Setting
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 4:45 pm.
Royal Kona Resort - Luau Gardens, Kailua-Kona, West Hawaii
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Infant pricing (children 5 and under) are provided their own seat and plate.
Parking is $3.00.
- Operation Days:
- Operates Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- Approximately 3 hours
- Royal Kona Luau