Island Breeze Luau
Taking place in the heart of Kailua-Kona at King Kamehameha the Great's former estate, the Island Breeze Luau invites you to an evening of celebrating Hawaiian culture. Enjoy a lavish island-style buffet dinner, cultural presentations and a fantastic Polynesian show with music and dances from Hawaii as well as greater Polynesia.
Your evening begins with a warm welcome and the opportunity to watch or participate in hula & story telling. Witness the arrival of the Royal Court. Following these cultural presentations is the luau feast, featuring kalua pork, fresh fish, grilled beef and island produce, as well as an open bar. After dinner, enjoy "He 'Ohana Kakou" – Island Breeze's newest production.
Alii Seating Upgrade (unavailable until summer): This upgrade includes expedited check-in, preferred seating at the front of the stage and first in the buffet line. This upgrade is paid at the door when you arrive, but must be chosen with your order. You will not be able to cancel the Alii portion at check-in.
- Held on the shores of scenic Kamakahonu Bay at King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Hotel in Kailua-Kona
- Island Breeze Luau has been named "Best of West Hawaii" since 2000
- Opportunity to learn about hula & story telling
- Delicious all-you-care-to-eat Hawaiian buffet plus an open bar
- Royal procession representing King Kamehameha and his legacy
- Spectacular Polynesian revue – live entertainment
Luau Buffet Menu (subject to change without notice):
- Toss Green Salad with Dressing
- Local Macaroni Salad
- Three Bean Salad
- Namasu Japanese Cucumber Salad
- Lomi Salmon
- Local Style Poke
- Fried Tofu Poke
- Steamed Rice
- Steamed Sweet Potato
- Kona Style BBQ Chicken
- Fresh Island Style Seared Fish
- Kalua Pork
- Bread Pudding
- Housemade Banana Bread
- Chocolate Cake
- Coffee- Regular and Decaffeinated
- Hot Tea
- Hosted Standard Bar
- No-Host Premium Bar (Available for Purchase)
Island Breeze Luau
Kailua Kona Luau
Big Island Luau
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 5:30 pm.
Festivities end at approximately 8:00 pm.
Check in is at the entrance to the luau grounds.
The Island Breeze Luau is held on the historic grounds of the King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel, which is located adjacent to the pier at Kailua Bay, on Palani Road in Kailua-Kona. View Map
Parking is available at King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel. Validation is given at the luau. Self-parking is free with validation (parking validations are subject to change without notice).
- COVID 19
New Enhanced Safety Measures The Island Breeze Luau at the Courtyard King Kamehameha?s Kona Beach Hotel wants to ensure that all our guests and performers feel safe. Therefore, each party will have their own table to enjoy dinner and the luau performance, as we no longer offer communal seating. Also, we will be offering attended step up buffet stations for meal service of our Hawaiian inspired cuisine. Pre-show activities from our stage, include hula lessons and compelling stories of Hawaiian history. Face coverings are required throughout the hotel and luau grounds when not seated.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Infant pricing (children 3 and under) are provided their own seat and plate.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday
- Approximately 3 hours
- Island Breeze Luau