Island Breeze Luau
Taking place in the heart of Kailua-Kona at King Kamehameha the Great's former estate, the Island Breeze Luau invites you to an evening of celebrating Hawaiian culture. Enjoy a lavish island-style buffet dinner, cultural presentations and a fantastic Polynesian show with music and dances from Hawaii as well as greater Polynesia.
Your evening begins with a warm welcome and the opportunity to watch or participate in Hawaiian arts & crafts. Witness the "Kalua'ana o ka Pua'a" ceremony, the unearthing of the imu roast pig from the underground oven. This is followed by the arrival of the Royal Court aboard an outrigger canoe. Following these cultural presentations is the luau feast, featuring kalua pork, fresh fish, grilled beef and island produce, as well as an open bar. After dinner, enjoy "He 'Ohana Kakou" – Island Breeze's newest production.
Hanohano Seating Upgrade: This upgrade includes expedited check-in, preferred seating at the front of the stage and first in the buffet line. This upgrade is paid at the door when you arrive, but must be chosen with your order. You will not be able to cancel the Hanohano portion at check-in.
- Held on the shores of scenic Kamakahonu Bay at King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Hotel in Kailua-Kona
- Island Breeze Luau has been named "Best of West Hawaii" since 2000
- Shell lei greeting
- Opportunity to learn about traditional arts & crafts
- Delicious all-you-care-to-eat Hawaiian buffet plus an open bar
- Spectacular Polynesian revue – live entertainment
Luau Buffet Menu (subject to change without notice):
- Lomi Salmon
- Kona-Style Poke, Relishes
- Cucumber Namasu
- Kona Tomatoes
- Macaroni Salad
- Waimea Garden Greens & Legume Salad Vinaigrette
- Banana Bread
- Kalua Pua'a (Juicy Roast Pork)
- Long Grain Rice and Chicken
- Catch of the Day Tropicale
- Steamed White Rice
- Uala (Hawaiian Sweet Potato)
- Lau Lau, Kona Broil
- Pineapple Wedges
- Cinnamon Spiced Bananas
- Coconut Cake
- Haupia (Coconut Pudding)
- Kona Coffee
- Tropical Fruit Punch
- Mai Tai
- Standard Bar Service
Please note: Special request for a vegetarian,
gluten free, or celiac meal requires 24 hour notice. Option is subject
to change without notice.
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 5:00 pm. Festivities end at approximately 8:30 pm.
The Island Breeze Luau is held on the historic grounds of the King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel, which is located adjacent to the pier at Kailua Bay, on Palani Road in Kailua-Kona. View Map
The check-in desk is located in the Hawaiian Monarchy Room located across from the Courtyard Business Library and hotel parking lot entrance. Payment for upgraded Hanohano seating is made at this time.
Parking is available at King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel. Validation is given at the luau. Parking is $5.00 with validation.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Flower lei available for purchase upon arrival.
Infant pricing (children 4 and under) are provided their own seat and plate. Children 4 and under are required to pay for the Hanohano option.
- Operation Days:
- Operates Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays (and Wednesdays during the summer months)
- Approximately 3 hours
- Island Breeze Luau